Sulphur is a homeopathic remedy for canine PROBLEMS, itchy skin, mange, ear mites, kidney disease, dry skin, smelly dogs, bacterial yeast infections, diarrhea, fleas, skin infections, gross discharges from ears and nose. Its use applies to all species dogs, cats, horses and birds.
Most often it is called for when other remedies fail to cure and the condition relapses. Sulphur is sometimes referred to as the king of remedies or the chief polycrest.
When sulphur (sublimated sulphur) is needed, the animal often has a poor immune system that cannot heal conditions that other animals readily recover from. In this respect, it is similar to the remedy Silicea.
This remedies action is from within - outward. It has an elective affinity for the skin, where it produces heat and burning.
- Mange and ear mites
- Diarrhea in digestive disorders
- Sneezing and nasal discharge, nose and sinus.
- Kidney failure
- Mucus and pus in urine
- Fever and infections
- Fleas in therapeutic indications by condition
- Itching and burning
- Foul, smelly discharges
- Cracked, dry, scaly, skin, excoriation (damage or the surface removed), especially in folds [Lyc.]
- Pruritus (severe itching of the skin, as a symptom of various ailments), especially from warmth, in evening, often recurs in spring-time, in damp weather
- Chronic eczema of any part (the more the eruption is scratched the more it itches and burns)
- Flaky skin (the skin is rough, coarse and measly)
Strong indications for the veterinary use of Sulphur homeopathically:
- BURNING HOT DISTRESS ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD; THIS CONSTANT HEAT ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD IS ONE OF THE MOST PROMINENT SYMPTOMS WE HAVE FOR SULPHUR - You can feel the heat emitting with your hand
- VOLUPTUOUS ITCHING, SOMETIMES RELIEVES; AFTER IT FOLLOWS BURNING; SOMETIMES LITTLE VESTICLES
- HEAT IN THE BOTTOM OF FEET, OR COLD FEET WITH BURNING PADS
- Sweat in armpits, smells like garlic
- Enerttia and relaxation of fiber; hence feebleness of tone characterizes its symptoms.
- Thirsty and warm
- Great quantities of clear, colorless urine
- Jerks and twitches during sleep
- Little appetite
- Aversion to being bathed
- Scooting, from burning, itching anus
- Dry - hard coat and skin
- Flaky, scurfy eyelids
- You may be able to smell an old build-up of mucus coming from the nose
- Red orifices. The eyes, anus and ears may be deeply red, with clear or whitish discharge
- May have an aversion to light
- Cat-nap sleep (wakes frequently)
- Dirty, filthy unkempt looking animals
- Flea ridden and wormy animals
- Loss of interest in grooming themselves
- Really smelly discharges
- Aversion to bathing; getting the affected parts wet causes more BURNING
- Animal seems lazy
- Loss of vigor
- Uncomfortable standing, STANDING IS THE MOST DISAGREEABLE POSITION, may lie down a lot
- Icy cold feeling, feeling of needles in tissues.
- Weak spine, very susceptible to drafts on back.
- Pain in coccyx.
- Spinal irritation after injuries to spine; diseases of bones of spine.
- Pains through hips, legs and feet.
- Loss of power in legs.
- Pain in stifle (knee).
- Pain in toes and bottom of feet.
- Feet and skin have a sickening, vile, odor that cannot be washed away.
- Fistulas, especially in long bones.
- Pain and stiffness of bones and joints with real discomfort when first moving after rest.
During motion; on walking; in dry, warm weather, lying on right side, from drawing up affected limbs. < Worse
In the evening; after midnight in the early morning; at 11 A.M.; bathing often worsens the symptoms. Scratching worsens the itch. Warmth of bed or being covered. Worse at rest, STANDING IS THE MOST DISAGREEABLE POSITION, from touch, being in a closed room, changeable weather. RelationshipCompare:
Aloe, Apis, Ars., Bell., Ferr-P., Graph., Hep., Lyc., Merc., Nat-M., Psor., Rhus-T., Sep., Sil., Thuj., Zinc.
Complementary to: Aloe, Calc. and Psor.
Follows well after Sulph.: Calc., Lyc., or Sulph., Sars. and Sep. frequently follow in given order.
Note: Calcarea must not be used 'before' Sulphur. Mercur. and Calcarea are frequently useful after Sulphur, NOT before
It is often used in beginning the treatment of chronic cases and in finishing acute ones, but ONLY if the symptoms clearly and absolutely call for sulphur. Otherwise, it may incite an ugly aggravation. Unless under the care of professional homeopath use a low potency and be judicial in its use. Dose:
Acts in all potencies from the lowest to the highest. Some of the best results are obtained from the higher, and not too frequent doses. The 6c or 12c potency is a good one to begin treatment
with, going higher or lower according to the susceptibility of the patient. In turbid eruptions and skin disease 6c and 12c — the lowest potencies are advised. In chronic diseases, 30c
The mineral sulfur, which forms the basis of the homeopathic remedy sulphur, is found in the vicinity of the volcanic craters as well as hot springs in the United States, and Italy, Sicily.Names:
Sulph., (Sublimated Sulphur)